TR
ISSN 2536-4898
E-ISSN 2536-4901
 
 
Volume: 27 Issue: 3 (2017)
 
Polypropylene Manual Knotting for Closure of Appendix Stump During Laparoscopic Appendectomy [Turk J Colorectal Dis ]
Turk J Colorectal Dis . 2017; 27(3): 72-75 | DOI: 10.4274/tjcd.27443  

Polypropylene Manual Knotting for Closure of Appendix Stump During Laparoscopic Appendectomy

Özlem Zeliha Sert
Erciş State Hospital, Clinic of General Surgery, Van, Turkey

Aim: To evaluate the results of patients in whom the appendix stump was closed with a hand-made loop using polypropylene suture during laparoscopic appendectomy.
Method: The files of 25 patients who underwent laparoscopic appendectomy in the Erciş State Hospital Clinic of General Surgery between August 2016 and October 2016 were retrospectively screened. During surgery, the appendix stump was closed with an extracorporeal knot using polypropylene. Patients were assessed for age, sex, American Society of Anesthesiology (ASA) score, smoking history, operation time, length of hospital stay, conversion rate to open procedure, postoperative complications, and follow-up. Patients were followed until skin sutures were removed.
Results: Mean age was 31±2 years and there were 16 women and 9 men in this study. Seventeen patients were ASA I, six were ASA II, and two were ASA III. Thirty percent of the patients were smokers. Mean operation time was 35 minutes and mean hospital stay was 1.4 days. Two patients (14%) had perforated appendicitis, the rest were not perforated (86%). Postoperative complications included wound infection in one patient, and subcutaneous emphysema and persistent pneumoperitoneum in one patient. Follow-up time was 14 days for all patients.
Conclusion: The reliability of appendix stump closure using polyglactin or silk suture by manual knotting during laparoscopic appendectomy has been reported previously. This study demonstrates that appendix stump closure using polypropylene suture is reliable with some limitations.

Keywords: Acute appendicitis, laparoscopic appendectomy, manual knot, polypropylene


Laparoskopik Apendektomide Polipropilen Kullanılarak Yapılan Manuel Düğümün Yeri

Özlem Zeliha Sert
Erciş Devlet Hastanesi, Genel Cerrahi Kliniği, Van, Türkiye

Amaç: Bu çalışmada laparoskopik apendektomide apendiks güdüğünün polipropilen ile yapılan manuel düğüm kullanılarak kapatılmasının sonuçlarının değerlendirilmesi amaçlanmıştır.
Yöntem: Çalışma için Ağustos 2016-Ekim 2016 tarihleri arasında Erciş Devlet Hastanesi Genel Cerrahi Kliniği’nde laparoskopik apendektomi yapılan 25 hastanın dosyaları retrospektif olarak incelendi. Ameliyat esnasında apendiks güdüğü bütün hastalarda polipropilen sütür ile ekstrakorporal düğüm tekniği kullanılarak bağlandı. Hastalar yaş, cinsiyet, Amerikan Anestezistler Derneği (ASA) skoru, sigara kullanımı, operasyon süresi, hastanede kalış süresi, açık yönteme dönüş oranları, postoperatif komplikasyonlar, takip süreleri gözden geçirildi. Hastalar deri sütürleri alınana kadar takip edildi.
Bulgular: Hastaların ortalama yaşı 31±2 idi. Çalışmada 16 kadın, 9 erkek mevcuttu. On yedi hasta ASA I, altı hasta ASA II, iki hasta ASA III idi. Sigara kullanım oranı %30 idi. Operasyon süresi ortalama 35 dakika iken hastanede kalış süresi ortalama 1,4 gün idi. Yirmi beş hastanın ikisi perfore apandisitti (%14), geri kalanlarda ise perforasyon tespit edilmedi (%86). İki hastada perforasyon olmasına rağmen hiçbir hastada açığa dönüş olmadı. Postoperatif komplikasyon olarak bir hastada yara yeri enfeksiyonu ve bir hastada ise deri altı amfizem gelişti. Takip süresi tüm hastalar için 14 gün olmuştur.
Sonuç: Laparoskopik apendektomide apendiks güdüğünün daha önce yapılan araştırmalarda poliglaktin veya ipek sütür kullanılarak manuel olarak kapatılmasının güvenilirliği araştırılmıştır. Bu çalışmada ise, polipropilen sütür kullanılarak yapılan laparoskopik apendektomide apendiks güdüğünün manuel kapatılmasının bazı sınırlamalar olmakla birlikte güvenilir olduğu görüldü.

Anahtar Kelimeler: Akut apandisit, laparoskopik apendektomi, manuel düğüm, polipropilen


Özlem Zeliha Sert. Polypropylene Manual Knotting for Closure of Appendix Stump During Laparoscopic Appendectomy. Turk J Colorectal Dis . 2017; 27(3): 72-75

Corresponding Author: Özlem Zeliha Sert, Türkiye


TOOLS
Full Text PDF
Print
Download citation
RIS
EndNote
BibTex
Medlars
Procite
Reference Manager
Share with email
Share
Send email to author

Similar articles
PubMed
Google Scholar


 
Quick Search






 
Copyright © 2017 Turkish Journal of Colorectal Disease LookUs & OnlineMakale